1. As a member of the Cannabis Trades Association you also become a legal member of the limited company (Hemp Trades Association Ltd t/a Cannabis Trades Association UK) which is a company limited by guarantee. Each member undertakes to guarantee the liabilities of the company to the value of £1.00 GBP. A list of members is maintained and can be inspected on request.
2. At the association, we deal with many complex business issues, including legal and regulatory matters. As such, you authorise us to act on your behalf as a member of the association.
3. Memberships are subject to a 12 month term and twelve monthly payments starting from the date that you submitted your membership registration however, your members subscription may exceed your membership term depending on the date your registration was submitted as membership fees where paid for by DD are taken at the beginning of each month. There is a cooling off period of fourteen days where membership registrations can be retracted, this is subject to you not signing your member subscription (direct debit/receipt of payment covering membership fees), by doing so you are accepting that your membership is for a twelve-month period. We request a one off administration fee on or around the date of the submission of your registration.
4. You acknowledge that your membership is for a period of 12 months and although you can cancel your membership at any point, the full annual subscription fee is payable. If you cancel your subscription, then you will be invoiced for the remainder of your membership term, this will incur a £25.00 plus VAT administration fee and we do reserve the right to pass any unpaid invoices to our assigned collection agency (Shire Recoveries).
5. Membership is not an automatic right and you acknowledge that you will be charged for the time it takes to guide you through the membership process. It is expressly acknowledged that it is your duty to prove compliance, not ours to list you as members. Any membership benefits cannot be accessed until we have received your administration fee payment and have a valid memberships subscription in place.
6. The administration fee must be paid by a card or bank transfer and is non-refundable under any circumstances. Any and all fees paid during the membership period are non-refundable. Please ensure that you fill in your direct debit form as soon as you receive the link, where memberships are paid for upfront and in full, monies are non-refundable and will attract a 10% discount.
7. Your company will not be listed on the CTA companies’ directory until such a time as you have completed all steps including compliance and you must not suggest or display the CTA Logo until such as time that we have sent you confirmation of membership approval in writing. Should your membership no longer be active, the CTA logo must be removed from display from any marketing material. You are solely responsible for ensuring that your registration is completed in a timely and professional manner and that you provide all the required information including the correct email and telephone numbers to allow us to contact you.
8. Memberships cannot be placed “on hold” at any point during your subscription period.
9. Where any monthly subscription payment fails, and any accounts fall into arrears of more than 28 days the CTA will invoice for the failed payment. This will incur a £25.00 plus VAT administration fee.
10. Where companies are not trading in the UK or are unable to subscribe to a monthly direct debit subscription, we can send a quarterly invoice for your subscription on request. However, if invoicing is your preferred method of subscription, then a £12.00 administration fee will be applied to any invoices issued. Where memberships are paid for in full at the beginning of the membership term this will attract a discount of 10%
11. The CTA has the right to suspend memberships where there are concerns relating to the failure of regulatory compliance and has the right to suspend your company from the CTA companies’ directory until all issues have been resolved to our satisfaction. We do not suspend your membership subscription while you are under suspension.
12. The level of your membership subscription cannot be reduced during your twelve months membership term. The level of membership will be reviewed upon your renewal.
13. The CTA will contact you prior to your annual membership renewal and you can either cancel or renew your membership at this point. If we have no contact, we will assume that you wish to continue with your membership and will automatically renew your membership one calendar month after the renewal was due with an increase in membership level if the information we hold suggests you are liable for such an increase or the previous level of membership no longer exists.
14. Should your company go into administration during your membership subscription period you will not personally be liable for any unpaid subscription fees however this is not applicable where you are operating as a sole trader / partnership. It is your responsibility to notify the CTA should your company cease trading.
15. Should your membership be renewed for a further 12 months these terms and conditions will apply for the full continued membership term of twelve months and although you can cancel your membership at any point, the full annual membership subscription is payable unless a period of three calendar months’ notice is given in writing (renewal year(s) only), in such cases the membership fees are payable within the period of notice.
16. Membership subscriptions are subject to change and are reviewed at the point of renewal of your membership.