Last updated: February 2021
Who we are
The CTA website is managed by the Hemp Trades Association UK Limited trading as the Cannabis Trades Association (CTA), referred to as ‘we’ or ‘us’ from now on.
Using the CTA website
You agree to use the CTA website only for lawful purposes. You must also use it in a way that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of, this site by anyone else.
We update this website all the time. We can change or remove content and design at any time without notice.
‘Content’ means any information on the CTA website including text, images and links.
We are entitled at any time to delete, remove or suspend the whole or any part of the CTA website, including your member profile and any content that you provide, without notice to you and without incurring any liability.
We are entitled at any time to block or withhold your access to the CTA website if your CTA membership or online registration is terminated, if we have reasonable grounds to suspect any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions or that we have incurred or may incur any liability in connection with the CTA website, or if your use of the website or content is otherwise inappropriate.
If we believe your use of the CTA website constitutes a criminal offence, we’ll report this to the relevant law enforcement authorities and share information about you with them.
Services and transactions
You can use the CTA website to access online CTA member services and resources, such as Member Area and Member Directory.
Some services have their own terms and conditions which also apply - read these before you use the service.
Linking to the CTA website
We welcome and encourage other websites to link to cannabistrades.org
You must contact us for permission if you want to either:
charge your website’s users to click on a link to any page on the CTA website
say your website is associated with or endorsed by Cannabis Trades Association
Linking from the CTA website
Where our Site contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. A link does not represent any endorsement or recommendation by us and does not mean that we have any association with the linked website. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accept no responsibility or liability for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Where links or embedded content have been posted by users, we shall not be responsible or liable in any way for their content or in relation to your use of the same.
Using Cannabis Trades Association content
Copyright material presented on the CTA website is owned by the Cannabis Trades Association, unless otherwise stated. If any content is not subject to copyright protection, we’ll usually credit the author or copyright holder.
Pages may not be downloaded, copied or printed without prior express written permission.
The most up to date version of our content will always be on cannabistrades.org
Your content on the CTA website
Any content you make available through the CTA website will continue to be owned by you or your third party licensors. By making your content available on the CTA website you grant to us a perpetual, irrevocable, world-wide, royalty-free, transferable, non-exclusive licence (with the right to sublicense) to use, edit, alter, adapt, translate, copy, distribute, publish, continue to publish or republish your content in any way and for any purpose.
As the licence is irrevocable, this means, for example, that it exists whether you remain as a registered user and we do not have to remove your content even if you would like us to.
By submitting your content you warrant that you have the right to grant to us (or have procured the grant of) the irrevocable non-exclusive licence. This means that if you have obtained your content from a third party, you have obtained their permission to your grant of the non-exclusive licence described above to us. We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any of your content constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
You are solely responsible for your content. Any content you post on or via our Site is posted entirely at your own risk. You warrant that all of your content is accurate and complete and in posting your content you are not in breach of any applicable laws or regulations.
You may not use the CTA website:
- in breach of any applicable local, national or international law or regulation, whether criminal or otherwise; or in a manner which would involve us or any other person in any breach of any local, national or international law or regulation
- in breach of any obligations or duties of confidentiality, or in breach of any obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way
- to upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any content that is directed to inciting or producing conduct that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, insulting, false, misleading, unreliable, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or is likely to produce such conduct
- to impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity
- to forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the system
- to upload, post, link to, frame, email or otherwise transmit any content that infringes any patent, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party (including, for example, music videos or recordings which you do not have permission to distribute)
- to upload, post, link to, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," or "pyramid schemes"
- to interfere with or disrupt our Website's system or servers or networks connected to our Website's system, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to our Website's system
- to collect or store personal data about other Users without their knowledge
- to promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities, promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or promote any act of cruelty to animals
- to carry out any election campaigning.
Whilst we make every effort to keep the CTA website up to date, we do not provide any guarantees or warranties that the information will be:
- free from bugs or viruses
We provide no warranty and accept no liability in respect of any specimen agreements (whether labelled as 'specimen' or otherwise) or guidance available on the CTA website. You should get professional or specialist advice before doing anything based on the content.
No content shall constitute an endorsement of any member.
We’re not liable for any loss or damage that may come from using the CTA website. This includes:
- any direct, indirect or consequential losses
- any loss or damage caused by civil wrongs (‘tort’, including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise
- the inability to use the CTA website and any websites that are linked to or from it
This applies whether or not the loss or damage was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you advised us that it might happen. This includes (but is not limited to) the loss of your:
- income or revenue
- salary, benefits or other payments
- profits or contracts
- anticipated savings
- goodwill or reputation
- tangible property
- intangible property, including loss, corruption or damage to data or any computer system
- wasted management or office time
We may still be liable for:
- death or personal injury arising from our negligence
- fraudulent misrepresentation
- any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law
Requests to remove content
You can ask for content to be removed from the CTA website. We’ll remove content:
- in order to comply with data protection legislation covering the rights and freedoms of individuals
- if it breaches copyright laws, contains sensitive or special category personal data or material that may be considered obscene or defamatory
Contact us to ask for content to be removed. You’ll need to send us the web address (URL) of the content and explain why you think it should be removed. We’ll reply to let you know whether we’ll remove it or not.
Information about you and your visits to the CTA website
We make every effort to check and test the CTA website for viruses at every stage of production. You must make sure that the way you use the CTA website does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which can damage your or any other computer system.
We’re not responsible for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system that might happen when you use the CTA website.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
When using the CTA website, you must not introduce viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or any other material that’s malicious or technologically harmful.
You must not try to gain unauthorised access to the CTA website, the server on which it’s stored or any server, computer or database connected to it.
You must not attack the CTA website in any way. This includes denial-of-service attacks.
We’ll report any attacks or attempts to gain unauthorised access to the CTA website to the relevant law enforcement authorities and share information about you with them.
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Any dispute you have which relates to these terms and conditions, or your use of the CTA website (whether it be contractual or non-contractual), will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
There may be legal notices elsewhere on the CTA website that relate to how you use the site.
We’re not liable if we fail to comply with these terms and conditions because of circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
We might decide not to exercise or enforce any right available to us under these terms and conditions. If we do, we can always decide to exercise or enforce that right at a later date.
Doing this once will not mean we automatically waive the right on any other occasion.
If any of these terms and conditions are held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, the remaining terms and conditions will still apply.
Changes to these terms and conditions
We may update these terms and conditions at any time without notice.
You will agree to any changes if you continue to use the CTA website after the terms and conditions have been updated.