Mackrell have helped many of the CTA’s members when it comes to establishing their businesses, protecting their brand and selling CBD products legally both in the UK and abroad.
The type of work that the Cannabis and Regulatory Team can assist with (UK, EU, North & South America, Australia and Asia) is:
- Regulatory Advice
- Licensing Advice
- Product reviews - to ensure compliance with the local laws
- Labelling and marketing reviews (including websites)
- Novel & Regulated Foods Applications
- Protection from enforcement action including products being stopped by customs
- Patient Access
Mackrell.Solicitors are here also to assist with other matters pertaining to your business. The CTA occasionally get asked questions regarding corporate structures, GDPR and data protection, company policies, trademarks etc. If you are unsure and require any legal assistance in this regard you should contact Mackrell.Solicitors on the details below.
We have identified the following items that members might need assistance with:
CORPORATE - Does your company formation need revisiting and/or restructuring?
- Company Formation
- Shareholder Agreements
- Appointment or Resignation of Directors
- Mergers & Acquisitions and Joint Ventures
- Capital-raising for further company development
- Filings with companies house
COMMERCIAL – Do your contracts and policies need updating or reviewing?
- Analysis of existing commercial contracts
- Negotiating and drafting new commercial contracts
- Review of website/online policies (e.g. privacy policies; cookie policies etc.)
- Data protection and GDPR health checks and GAP analyses
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY – Is it Protected?
- Ensuring trademarks and patent portfolios are updated/renewed and managed in UK/Europe/Worldwide
- Checking that your Trademarks and/or IP is not being infringed and/or can be registered
EMPLOYMENT – Do you have employees or are you considering to employee someone?
- Drafting/review/update of employment contracts
- Redundancy consultations
- Do you need advice on the Government furlough scheme?
- Advice pertaining to benefits and compensation
- Negotiating and Reviewing leases
- Purchase and sale of premises
- Managing landlord and tenant, and land disputes
Mackrell.Solicitors are a full service law firm with offices in London and Birmingham and an international legal network covering North & South America, Australia and Asia. In addition to the matters addressed above they can also assist with: (i) Wills & Probate; (ii) Family Law; (iii) Dispute Resolution; and (iv) Residential/Commercial Conveyancing.
Contact Mackrell.Solicitors Cannabis & Regulatory Team via email on: